28 Eastern Condos Summary
Corktown is one of Toronto’s oldest and most historic neighbourhoods, and it has recently staged a dramatic resurgence. Gone are the days when it was little more than an aging and overlooked corner of Toronto’s east side. Nowadays, Corktown is one of the city’s hottest destinations and developers are working hard to meet soaring demand for residential real estate in the area. To that end, Alterra is moving ahead with the 28 Eastern Condos, a stylish new 12-storey building destined for a home on Eastern Avenue between Parliament Street and Cherry Street.
Location and Neighborhood
Corktown is currently one of Toronto’s hottest areas. Branded by media outlets as the city’s new “It” neighbourhood, Corktown has enjoyed an explosion of popularity as savvy, trendy urbanites began looking east for alternatives to the hustle and bustle of downtown.
Historically, Corktown functioned as an industrial and commercial area filled with factories and warehouses. While the vestiges of its past remain highly visible, many of the neighbourhood’s spaces are being invigorated and creatively reimaged to serve mixed-use functions. The results have yielded one of the city’s most interesting and dynamic areas, and Corktown is only beginning to scratch the surface of its potential.
Getting around Toronto from these 18 Eastern Avenue condos will be easy, thanks to:
- 24-hour streetcar service on Queen Street, which is about one-quarter of a kilometre to the north
- Excellent local TTC bus connections
- Exciting plans for expanded rapid transit serving East Toronto
- An increasingly walkable profile supported by a fast-growing collection of restaurants, stores, services, and neighbourhood hangouts
- Easy entry to the Don Valley Parkway and Gardiner Expressway, both of which are less than one kilometre away
28 Eastern Condos is also a short stroll from Corktown Common, a beautiful park with an off-leash area for dogs and a scenic view of the Don River.
CONNECT WITH ME
Maziar Moini Broker
Home Leader Realty Inc.
28 Eastern Condos Highlights:
- Has a walkscore of 96/100: walkable EVERYWHERE
- Located in the Moss Park neighbourhood in Toronto
- 12 minute walk to George Brown College
- Easy access to the DVP
- Steps to Distillery District, St. Lawrence Market, Leslieville, The Beaches and Downtown Core
- Close to shops, restaurants and schools
- Has a transit score of 100/100: world class public transportation
- Nearby parks include Oak Street Park, Sumach-Shuter Parkette and Moss Park
Not only will 28 Eastern be a short distance to the above incredible areas and amenities, it will also have quick access to two game-changing developments:
a brand new, proposed subway line with a subway station just 4 minutes from 28 Eastern. This subway station (Corktown subway station) will be just TWO STOPS from the Financial District.
the single largest commercial development project in all of Canada – a large parcel of land that was acquired by Cadillac Fairview for $690 million.
28 Eastern will be located in Corktown and will be:
- Steps to the King Streetcar.
- Short distance to the DVP Ramp.
- Short distance to the Gardiner Expressway.
- Corktown is a neighborhood bounded by already impressive neighborhoods with the Distillery District to the south, Canary District to the east, and the St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood to the west
28 Eastern will also be a short distance to some other amazing amenities:
- Corktown Commons – a stunning 18-acre park
- George Brown St. James Campus
- George Brown Waterfront Campus
- Ryerson University