River & Fifth Condos Summary
This large-scale project occupies an entire city block and integrates both low-rise and high-rise elements, for an innovative and contemporary building that reaches 38 storeys at its tallest. It will include 560 suites as well as 12 2-storey townhomes facing Defries Street. New public and private spaces include a landscaped courtyard overlooking the Don Valley in addition to a luxurious collection of amenities located within the podium and on the building’s 12th floor. River & Fifth Condos is a pre-construction condominium under development by Broccolini, in Toronto’s Regent Park neighbourhood.
This is a great opportunity to invest in a burgeoning neighbourhood close to the downtown core, rapid transit and the picturesque Don River. As the revitalization of this east-end pocket continues, condos like this will set the trend for urbanization and streetscape enhancement.
An occupancy date for this condo has yet to be confirmed, so be sure to register with us for up-to-date details before they’re publically released.
This project takes up an entire block on Defries Street, just southeast of River and Dundas Streets. Featuring sprawling views of the waterfront and city skyline, the site also has direct access to the Bayview Extension, which connects you seamlessly to some of the city’s major arteries.
Designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects this preconstruction condo is proposed as three elements in total; a high-rise reaching 38 storeys, a mid-rise reaching 12 storeys and a low-rise reaching four. The three structures will be integrated with each other, anchored by a landscaped entrance and a shared, double-height lobby. This shared space will also include a publically-accessible “social courtyard,” overlooking the Don Valley.
The condo’s ground floor will include a selection of two-storey work/live units with access from street level as well as 2,658 square feet of outdoor amenity space attached to 3,153 square feet of indoor amenity space. Tree-lined sidewalks will help animate the street and encourage a lively, pedestrian atmosphere.
One of this condo’s best features will undoubtedly be its outdoor terrace, which will occupy the 12th floor of the mid-rise portion, spanning 9,612 square feet and showcasing unparalleled views of the river, Lake Ontario and the downtown skyline. An additional 1,377 square feet of indoor amenity space will be featured on this floor, with another 1,474 square feet on the thirteenth.
Suites in this condo will include 47 percent allocated as two bedrooms and another 12 percent allocated as three bedrooms, for a total of 560 dwelling units in total. In the tower portion, a typical floor will span 9,633 square feet with 12 units per floor. Designed as sleek and rectangular, the tower element is expected to be sculpted with an angled balcony design.
Three levels of underground parking will house 226 vehicle spaces and 570 bicycle storage spaces. This is a thoughtfully-designed development that brings together the best of contemporary living space and some of the city’s best natural resources.
CONNECT WITH ME
Maziar Moini Broker
Home Leader Realty Inc.
Share this project
Location & Neighbourhood
New condos in Regent Park are an attractive option for a wide range of residents. Just east of the downtown core, this neighbourhood that seen an unprecedented modernization and intensification, thanks to a series of socially-conscious developments.
Just down the street, a massive transformation has added over 5,000 new condos to the area, while simultaneously overhauling a public housing complex and adding a series of innovative community resources like a 60,000 square-foot arts and cultural hub.
In the immediate area around the condominium site, a similar tower has already been approved by the city, while two more have been proposed, signifying a trend for growth.
Regent Park is a lively community to call home, where eclectic shops and restaurants line Queen Street East – which runs through the neighbourhood – and two 24-hour streetcars provide service across the city.
The Regent Park Aquatic Centre – a state of the art recreational facility – is a brand-new addition to the community, and is surrounded by athletic fields.
Some of downtown’s best features are easy to get to, including The Eaton Centre, Dundas Square, Ryerson University and high-density employment pockets like the Financial District. Almost everything you need on a day-to-day basis is just steps away.
River & Fifth Condos Highlights:
- Has a walkscore of 82/100: walkable EVERYWHERE
- Located in the Regent Park neighbourhood in Toronto
- Atop the west bank of the Don River
- 4 minute walk to the 505 Dundas S.C. at River St Stop
- Easy access to the DVP
- Close to Ryerson University & University of Toronto- St. George Campus
- Close to shops, restaurants and schools
- Has a transit score of 100/100: world class public transportation
- Nearby parks include Thompson Street Parkette, Sumach-Shuter Parkette and Oak Street Park
RIVER & FIFTH FEATURES AND FINISHES
- Ceiling height approximately 9’ with smooth finish
- Wide plank laminate flooring throughout in foyer, living/dining areas, kitchen, bedroom(s) and den
- Custom-designed solid core suite entry door with security view hole
- Matte black finish hardware on swing door(s)
- Floor to ceiling glazing/window systems in accordance with building elevations
- Contemporary kitchen cabinetry custom-designed by U31
- Quartz countertops
- Contemporary porcelain tile backsplash
- Single basin under-mount stainless steel sink, with single-lever pull-out spray faucet in matte black finish
- Optional fixed kitchen islands will be offered for select suites
- Custom-designed vanity by U31, with quartz slab countertop and under-mount sink
- Contemporary faucet in matte black finish
- Large frameless mirror with integrated floating linear shelf, medicine cabinet and wall sconce designed by U31
- Full height wall tile in the tub surround and in separate shower stall
- Faucet with matte black finish and rain style showerhead in the tub or in the separate shower
- Clear glass shower door and recessed ceiling moisture resistant shower pot light in separate shower stall