The Wilmot Condos Summary
A new dynamic and ambitious condo development is looking to grace Oakville.
The Wilmot Condos is a new mid-rise condominium condominium by WP Developments in Oakville. This pre-construction project is located near Trafalgar Rd and Dundas St East right at the entrance of the Uptown Core.
This development will consist of two towers, expected to rise between five to 12 storeys high. The proposal will house a total of 567 condominium units and three-levels of below grade level parking.
The Wilmot Condos is proposed to be an elegant mid-rise condo bringing elevation to a mostly low-rise neighbourhood. The proposal consists of two residential buildings fronting onto Eighth Line and Dundas Street East and will feature a central courtyard. The towers should rise between 5 and 12 storeys and will feature varied elevations to ensure privacy from the public realm.
The combined unit count will total 562 condominium dwellings with a wide range of housing opportunities and a variety of unit types and sizes. The units will be available in 366 1-bedroom units, 168 2-bedroom units and 28 3-bedroom units.
The building will feature 708 square-metres of indoor amenity space, and a three-level parking garage. The garage will house 758 parking spaces (618 resident and 140 visitor) as well 200 bicycle parking spaces.
The buildings façade incorporates architectural elements and materials such as a blend of glass, textured panels, metal cladding, and textured concrete that creates a dynamic modern design and enhances its appearance along the public realm. The eye-catching design stands out in contrast with the surrounding developments style to create a landmark in the area and promote the intersection as a gateway into north Oakville.
This development will also be created with multiple sustainable features in mind, we see more often sustainability is becoming a common theme in real estate. With that said, each unit will feature a balcony for private amenity space and the buildings will have a combination of active terraces, green roofs.
The towers will also feature white albedo roofs to reduce heat island effect as well as provide at-grade and rooftop outdoor amenity space to residents and visitors. The buildings will also include landscaped features such as native/non-invasive plant species and drought tolerant plants to keep up with the lush green surroundings.
CONNECT WITH ME
Maziar Moini Broker
Home Leader Realty Inc.
Share this project
Location & Neighborhood
The Wilmot Condos will be located in Halton Region’s rapidly growing town, Oakville. The site will sit right at the entrance of the near Trafalgar and Dundas. Investors can expect major growth from Oakville in the coming years as the city has many government and city implemented plans and goals.
In 2016 Oakville’s population clocked in at 193,832 residents, a 6.2% increase since 2011. This growth has outpaced that of Toronto, which only grew by 4.5% over the same time period. It’s estimated that by 2031, that number will grow to approximately 255,000 people.
Oakville is a family-oriented suburban region, with lots of growth potential. This area is traditionally regarded as a place full of low-rise detached housing. Detached homes accounted for 91% of home sales last year, followed by farms with 6% and rural homes at 3%. But as we so often see the condominium trend is slowly making its way into the town.
Here you’ll find many reputable elementary and secondary schools in this pocket, which has one of the highest ratios of private schools to student populations in the country. There are also a multitude of parks in the area, the one’s in walking distance include Postridge Park, Dalebrook Park and Memorial Park. The town also hosts multiple local events such as the Downtown Oakville Jazz Festival, Waterfront Festival, For the Love of the Arts Festival, Midnight Madness, and the Oakville Family Ribfest.
The Dundas and Trafalgar intersection acts as the region’s main commercial district. The whole area serves as a one-stop-shop for residents. There are major retailers here, such as Canadian Tire, Walmart Supercentre, The Keg, Kelsey’s Original Roadhouse, and Nando’s as well as cafes, banks, and liquor stores.
Residents and visitors of this condo will be happy to know the town area is well served by major arteries, with east/west access provided on the QEW and highway 407, while highway 403 provides north and south access. Additionally the area is served by public transportation which includes the Oakville regional transit and two GO stations including the Bronte Station, which connects to the Lake Shore line and and Oakville Station, which connects to the Lake Shore line.
Reasons to Invest at Wilmont
- Located in Oakville which was recently ranked “Canada’s Best City to Live” by MoneySense magazine in 2018!
- Quick 5 minute commute to Sheridan College Trafalgar Campus which is home to more than 9,500 students
- Accomplish your daily errands with absolute ease! Future residents at The Wilmot are perfectly situated just down the street from a fantastic assortment of Big Box Stores such as: Canadian Tire, Longos, Walmart, LCBO, Real Canadian Superstore along with a fantastic variety of other retailers and dining options
- Mississauga neighbours Toronto and is currently the sixth most populated city in Canada. The GTA is also growing at a rate of over 100,000 persons per year, according to Stats Canada, leaving Mississauga in a prime position to harbour a part of that growth
- Enjoying the great outdoors comes easy having over 300 km of trails, parks, and forests surrounding the development such as Postridge Park, Oak Park, Nipegon Trail and so many more
- Travel with ease throughout the GTA having easy and convenient access to Major Highways! You will be just 3 minutes from Highway 403 and just 5 minutes from Highway 407
- Only 7 minutes from Oakville Place which features over 100 stores & services for you to enjoy
- Residents will also be 10 minutes from the Oakville GO Station where you will have easy access to both GO Train & GO Bus Transit
THIS MONTH HOT NEW PROJECTS
Home Leader Realty Inc Offer Best Incentives First Access Best Unit VIP Prices
Cities we support
LocateCondo and Home Leader Realty Inc, Toronto’s reliable brokerage with experience to help clients in Pre-construction, Assignment condos with priority access to the upcoming New Condo & Townhome launches in Toronto & The GTA